Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Endanger Fencing ~ Andrew Taylor



blinding division walk the Brecon Beacons
amongst pale horses at Easter

creatures caught in traps shot in the back
of the head a countryside of carnage

from the beginning hotels near Heathrow
twenty four hour rolling news

a chance to study war how I’d have liked you
to walk with me around cities at night

drinking whiskey and listening to shock
radio like a bad mistake I ponder

anonymous scream pilots descend
at half mile intervals in a seated night

I was unaware that you would wait for me
like the ghost ration of a slow light I isolate



Andrew Taylor is a Liverpool poet and co-editor of erbacce and erbacce-press. His latest collection is Make Some Noise (Original Plus) and an e-book is forthcoming from Differentia Press.

No comments: