Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Skinned Knee ~ Kate Fujimoto



In the summer
I went home
and skinned my knee on a boy.
He was tall enough
to see clean over my head, and
thin enough
to walk through walls.
He had a weak chin –
which made him look brave.
It was heartless of me but
I loved
that there was so much he would not say –
the way he laughed about
the holes in his life.
I wanted to fill these like
walking pneumonia,
but even though he was younger than me
I knew
he knew more.
Like how to go for days without eating.
Or sleep with one eye open. 


Kate says
I am studying English at the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington.
I write poems which can also be found here: http://whyspeakfrankly.blogspot.com
I make music (when I have time).
I like my coffee black.

                           

No comments: