Wednesday, September 14, 2011

WORK ~ Nikolai Duffy


I want to be over there but I’m not because I’m here because this is where they pay me to be and we have to pay the mortgage and at lunch I eat sandwiches in the office with the door closed and carry on with what I was doing so I can leave a little early maybe if the day’s been good to me and is this really what it means for a day to be good I don’t know but when people ask me what I do I tell them that I am often here and I tell them what being here involves and I don’t normally mention that I’d rather be over there with you because they might take it the wrong way it depends on the person and the time here goes along and I could always stay longer but longer would never be long enough so when it’s gone dark I put on my coat and walk my day backwards and most of the time I don’t think of myself as this and often just go through the motions even though this is what I thought I wanted to do and I guess I’m lucky because now I’m doing what I wanted to do and not many people can say that about what they do but I’d like to be doing other things too and much of the time I think I’d rather be doing those other things than these things although if really pushed I think I’d probably just rather be at home with you can someone pay off the mortgage please and thank you




No comments: