Thursday, March 12, 2015

after Wallace Stevens ~ Joseph Milford


Stevens says one must have the mind of winter
I have the mind of pollen

the papers pile higher than the heart

I killed myself tonight
next, I was made aware
of all of the selves that should have been killed
and I killed the wrong one

the poem of the act of the mind
is like
the hand on the neck of the wind







Joseph Victor Milford is a Professor of English and a Georgia writer who is currently working on his EdD doctoral studies. His first collection of poems, Cracked Altimeter, was published by BlazeVox Press in 2010, and he is presently composing a collection of poems with Hydeout Press, forthcoming in 2015. He is the host of The Joe Milford Poetry Show, where he has compiled an archive of over 300 interviews and readings with American and Canadian poets.  In addition, he is also the editor of RASPUTIN: A Poetry Thread (a literary journal of poetry).

No comments: