Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Water Horse ~ Sally Barrett


Beautiful light brown
beer water with
white froth
racing down stone stairs
like a waterfall



Running water,
where have you been,
And what's the rush?
I'm sure you'll get there
You're not like
wild horses at all
More like liquid poured
From a giant drip tray

Sometimes, I wish
I knew more
about physics.

But physics
cant tell me
why ghosts
might be
time glitches.
Not yet anyway

So, water,
run if you like,
but there's no hiding
only dispersal,
And that process
I can't remember
the name of from GCSE.



Sally Barrett lives in Manchester though is from Leeds originally. She is currently working on a sequence of poems about the experience of voice hearing. She enjoys reading female poetry, classic literature,THE NEWS and Facebook. 



No comments: